Ultimate Book Challenge
What is Ultimate Book Challenge?
The Ultimate Book Challenge (UBC) is a reading competition designed to improve reading and comprehension while also building enthusiasm for reading. Students will compete individually and in teams to show their knowledge of 10 pre-selected books.
Who Can Compete?
Students in 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade are eligible for the competition.
When Does It Start?
Students will be given an introduction to the competition during the month of September. If they decide to compete, they will need to read the eight selected books and be prepared to attend weekly practices to prepare for competition.
When Is Th School-Wide Challenge?
In December, the student UBC teams at Love will compete against each other to determine our Love Champion UBC Team.
When Is The District Battle?
In the spring semester, the winning team from Clara Love will go on to compete in the district competition.
1. Becoming Muhammad Ali by Kwame Alexander
2. The Best of Iggy by Annie Barrow
3. Dying To Meet You by Kate Kline
4. Long Lost by Jaqueline West
5. Scary Stories for Young Foxes by Christian Heidicker
6. The Lion of Mars by Jennifer Holm
7. Investigators by John Patrick Green
8. From an Idea to Lego by Lowey Bundy Schol
9. Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling
10. Willodeen by Katherine Applegate